Training involves attending the year-long programmes, training and experiential workshops, reading, writing, peer group activities and supervision. Most courses are open to those who wish to develop their professional abilities without necessarily becoming certificated practitioners.
- Core Curriculum Training introduces the core elements of the psychodrama method.
- Intermediate Training strengthens trainees’ directing, auxiliary and group work. At this point trainees write a short paper in an area of interest applicable to their work.
- Advanced Training. Trainees are required to choose a primary trainer, to belong to AANZPA, to run groups in the community and have supervision on their work.
The CITP may create multi-level training groups to suit training needs.
Trainees choose ‘Elective Workshops’ (these are the same for both Christchurch groups and incur no extra fee for those enrolled in the full year’s programme). Anyone may apply to enrol in these workshops.
Additional OPEN Workshops (optional)
held in Dunedin
Working with Intimate Relationships
with Walter Logeman April 29-30 (Friday and Saturday 9.30am – 4.30pm) 14 hours.
Fee: $300 (Trainees enrolled for full year’s training in any AANZPA Institute: $220)
Working with Addicted Persons
with Paul Baakman 14-15 July (Friday 1pm – 9pm, Saturday 9 – 1 pm) 12 hours.
Fee: $270 (Trainees enrolled for full year’s training in any AANZPA Institute: $200)
with Diana Jones 12-13 October (Thursday 1.30pm – 5pm, Friday 9.30am – 4pm) 10 hours.
Fee: $300 (Trainees enrolled for full year’s training in any AANZPA Institute: $250)
- Workshop 1: 24-26 Feb with Sandra and Sara (16 hours)
- Workshop 2: 7-9 April with Sara Families, Children and all that goes with them (16 hours) OPEN. Fee: $350 (Trainees enrolled in full year’s training in any other AANZPA Institute: $260)
- Workshop 3: 19-20 May with Sandra Clinical Applications of Psychodrama (10 hours)
- Workshop 4: 23-25 June with Sandra Role Training (16 hours)
- Workshop 5: 4-6 August with Sandra and Sara (16 hours)
- Workshop 6: 21-24 September with Sandra, Sara and invited TEPits, Marae-based (25 hours) OPEN. Fee: $480 (Trainees enrolled in full year’s training in any other AANZPA Institute: $380)
- Workshop 7: 10-12 November with Sara and Sandra (16 hours)
- Friday and Saturday Workshops: Friday: 6.30pm to 9:00pm, Saturday: 9:30am to 4:00pm
- All weekend workshops: Friday: 6:30pm to 9:00pm, Saturday: 9:30am to 5:00pm, Sunday: 9:30am to 4:00pm
Total training hours: 115 hours
Sandra Turner is the Convener of the Dunedin training programme; she is a Trainer, Educator and Practitioner (TEP, AANZPA), a psychodramatist, and a Psychotherapist who works in private practice as well as in community settings in Dunedin.
Sara Crane is a Psychodramatist, a Trainer Educator Practitioner (TEP, AANZPA) and is a Registered Psychotherapist with a special interest in children and families and has a long-standing involvement with Playback Theatre. (More...)