Training involves attending the year-long programmes, training and experiential workshops, reading, writing, peer practice group, social activities and supervision. Most courses are open to those who wish to develop their professional abilities without necessarily becoming certificated practitioners.
22 -24 September, 2017: This training workshop will focus on the tipping point where an organisation or social system realises its humane values, or, forgets or overlooks them. Kindness, helpfulness, collaboration, transparency, trust and empathy will be evident in a humane culture. The systems will be forgiving and compassionate; matters that are heartfelt by the individual are respected, tolerated and hopefully enjoyed. The loss or absence of these values results in a culture that is highly competitive, callous, heartless, severe and ‘machine like’.read more
Multi-Level Monthly Sundays Training Group 2017 Description This training group is part of a larger training programme in 2017 comprising two residential workshops, a non-residential weekend workshop with Chris Hosking who will focus on how to apply role theory when...read more
Monthly: During these evenings you will get a taste of the method of psychodrama, for some for you maybe for the first time. It will be a gentle introduction to the philosophy and methods developed by Dr J L Moreno and furthered by practitioners in psychodrama associations worldwide.read more
03 – 06 August, 2017: All trainees will be encouraged to try out new things with generous encouragement and coaching. Your learning may be through personal work, group leadership, auxiliary work, producing dramatic enactments, through writing, through the relationship you develop with others on the workshop.read more
13 February, 2017: Advanced trainees will set up and lead a practise personal development group. The group can be made up of current trainees, those who are interested in psychodrama from the community or from a network of friends. (A minimum of 8 group members is recommended.) The trainee will arrange the venue and promotion of their group with guidance from a primary trainer.read more
Application for Training
Trainees need to have, be working towards, or planning to attain a professional qualification in their chosen field.
Application is done in three stages:
- Apply using the online form here: Enrol.
- A Training Interview for new trainees: the purpose of the interview is to determine professional goals and to assess the relevance of prior learning, to outline the training process and to begin to develop a training plan. This interview is free of charge. Contact a Staff member or the Nelson administrator to make an appointment.
- You will be notified of acceptance at the interview or by email. Your place will be confirmed by the payment of fees.
Once the enrolment is confirmed this Training Agreement is in place.
Contact Nelson WPTI
- Cher Williscroft. Phone: +64 3 545 2567. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Claire Guy Phone: Mobile: +64 21 119 2533. E-mail: email@example.com
WPTI Nelson c/o Guy 175 Tasman Street, Nelson 7010 Phone: 03 548 0290 Mobile: +64 21 119 2533 E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org