This training involves participating in a year-long programme consisting of experiential workshops, reading, writing, peer practice group, social activities and supervision. Most courses are open to those who wish to develop their professional abilities without necessarily becoming certificated practitioners.
- Core Curriculum Training introduces the core elements of the psychodrama method.
- Intermediate Training strengthens trainees’ directing, auxiliary and group work. At this point, trainees write a short paper in an area of interest applicable to their work.
- Advanced Training. Trainees are required to choose a primary trainer, to belong to AANZPA, to run groups in the community and have supervision on their work.
The CITP may create multi-level training groups to suit training needs.
- February 23 – 25 14 hours
- April 13 – 15 14 hours
- May 25 – 26 14 hours
- June 29 – 30 10 hours
- August 10 – 12 14 hours
- September 27 – 30 25 hours
- November 2 – 4 14 hours
Enrol for the TIA Multi-Level Training Group
Training in Action
Workshop Code: TIA 2018-Multilevel
venue to be advised
- For ongoing training, the enrolment date is 15 December.
The CITP offers a discount of $200.00 off the full fee if the following conditions are both met:1. Pay a deposit of $250.00 by 15 December.2. The remainder of the enrolment fee is paid by 31st January.To pay by Instalments:1. Pay a deposit of $250.00 and provide a payment plan by 15 December.2. Complete all payments by 31 August.
- Full payment is required for all stand-alone training workshops prior to the start of the course.
- The CITP reserves the right to cancel or postpone any event. In case of cancellation, a full refund of fees paid will be given.
- Before booking a flight to attend a workshop please check with the organiser that the minimum number of members for the group has been reached.
- Acceptance of participants is at the discretion of the Training Institute.
- Deposits are refundable up to two weeks before the start of the training event (please note that in the event of withdrawal a $50.00 administration fee will be charged).
- Receipts are supplied on request.
- All fees include GST.
Please note that payment options can be flexible. Contact email the CITP Administrator firstname.lastname@example.org for further information.
- Friday and Saturday Workshops: Friday: 6.30pm to 9:00pm, Saturday: 9:30am to 4:30pm
- All weekend workshops: Friday: 6:30pm to 9:00pm, Saturday: 9:30am to 5:00pm, Sunday: 9:30am to 4:00pm
Sandra Turner is the Convener of the Dunedin training programme; she is a Trainer, Educator and Practitioner (TEP, AANZPA), a psychodramatist, and a Psychotherapist who works in private practice as well as in community settings in Dunedin.
Sara Crane is a Psychodramatist, a Trainer Educator Practitioner (TEP, AANZPA) and is a Registered Psychotherapist with a special interest in children and families and has a long-standing involvement with Playback Theatre. (More...)
Paul Baakman has a background in Mental Health Nursing and Residential Social Work. He is a Psychodramatist, a Trainer Educator Practitioner (TEP, AANZPA) and a Registered Psychotherapist in private practice.