Training involves attending the year-long programmes, training and experiential workshops, reading, writing, peer practice group and supervision. Most courses are open to those who wish to develop their professional abilities without necessarily becoming certificated practitioners.
The training introduces trainees to the core elements of the psychodrama method and strengthens trainees’ directing, auxiliary and group work. Trainees write a short paper in an area of interest applicable to their work.
Trainees are required to:
- choose a primary trainer
- belong to AANZPA
- run groups in the community
- have supervision for their work
Application for Training
Trainees need to have, be working towards, or planning to attain a professional qualification in their chosen field. Your application is done in three stages:
- Apply using the Enrolment form.
- A Training Interview for new trainees: the purpose of the interview is to determine professional goals and to assess the relevance of prior learning, to outline the training process and to begin to develop a training plan. This interview is free of charge. Contact a Staff member or the PANZ Ōtautahi Christchurch Campus and Ōtepoti Dunedin Campuses administrator to make an appointment.
- You will be notified of acceptance at the interview or by email. Your place will be confirmed by the payment of fees.
Once the enrolment is confirmed this Training Agreement is in place.
Ōtautahi Christchurch Multi-Level Psychodrama Training 2023
Begins 3 March 2022: This training involves participating in a year-long programme consisting of experiential workshops, reading, writing, a peer practise group and supervision.
Five Day Marae Based Intensive Psychodrama Workshop September 2023 (Karitane)
Karitane: 20 – 24 September 2023. This experientially based training includes both theoretical and practical components. This is part of the training for Ōtepoti Dunedin trainees, Ōtautahi Christchurch Intermediate/Advanced group trainees and the workshop is open to others. This workshop is suitable for anyone working in the human relations field.
Group Work Training 2023 (Christchurch)
3, 4 & 5 March 2023. Christchurch. Led by Simon Gurnsey and Judith McDonald. This experientially based training includes both theoretical and practical components. This is part of the training for Christchurch trainees and the workshop is open to others.
Introduction to Psychodrama
25 -26 March 2023. Ōtautahi Christchurch. Led by Simon Gurnsey. This psychodrama weekend is open to anyone who wants to experience the psychodrama method and will be of particular interest to those of you considering training in psychodrama.
PANZ Ōtautahi Christchurch Campus
PANZ, PO Box 22376, Christchurch Mail Centre, Christchurch 8140.
Telephone: Sara Crane +64 27 329 9116