CITP, Dunedin (Training in Action) provides training which leads to certification as a Psychodrama Director, Sociodrama Director, Sociometrist, or Role Trainer. Training in Action is part of the Christchurch Institute for Training in Psychodrama (CITP) and is accredited by Australian and Aotearoa New Zealand Psychodrama Association Inc (AANZPA).
Training involves attending the year-long programmes, training and experiential workshops, reading, writing, peer practice group, social activities and supervision. Most courses are open to those who wish to develop their professional abilities without necessarily becoming certificated practitioners.
Core Curriculum Training
- Introduces the core elements of the psychodrama method.
- Strengthens trainees’ directing, auxiliary and group work.
- At this point, trainees write a short paper in an area of interest applicable to their work.
- Trainees are required to choose a primary trainer,
- To belong to AANZPA,
- To run groups in the community and
- Have supervision for their work.
Training in Action may create multi-level training groups to suit training needs.
Application for Training
Trainees need to have, be working towards, or planning to attain a professional qualification in their chosen field.
Application is done in three stages:
- Apply using the online form here: Enrol.
- A Training Interview for new trainees: the purpose of the interview is to determine professional goals and to assess the relevance of prior learning, to outline the training process and to begin to develop a training plan. This interview is free of charge. Contact a Staff member or the CITP administrator to make an appointment.
- You will be notified of acceptance at the interview or by email. Your place will be confirmed by the payment of fees.
Once the enrolment is confirmed this Training Agreement is in place.
Begins 23 February 2019. This training involves participating in a year-long programme consisting of experiential workshops, reading, writing, peer practice group, social activities and supervision. Most courses are open to those who wish to develop their professional abilities without necessarily becoming certificated practitioners.read more
Karitane: 19-22 September 2019: This experientially based training includes both theoretical and practical components. This is part of the training for Dunedin trainees, Christchurch Intermediate/Advanced group trainees and the workshop is open to others. This workshop is suitable for anyone working in the human relations fields.read more