This training involves participating in a year-long programme consisting of experiential workshops, reading, writing, peer practice group, social activities and supervision. The Core Curriculum / Intermediate Course is open to those who wish to develop their professional abilities without necessarily becoming certificated practitioners.
- Core Curriculum Training introduces the core elements of the psychodrama method.
- Intermediate Training strengthens trainees’ directing, auxiliary and group work. At this point, trainees write a short paper in an area of interest applicable to their work.
Dates of Full Year Programme
All workshops will be led by Paul and/or Simon
- Tuesday 13 February: Opening evening (1.5 hours)
- 23 – 24 February: Focus on Sociometry (9 hours)
- 15 – 18 March: Residential (25 hours)
- Friday 20 April: Peer Practice Group Review (2.5 hours)
- 4 – 5 May (9 hours)
- 8 – 9 June: Focus on Role Training (9 hours)
- 10 – 11 August (9 hours)
- 27 – 30 September: Marae based Intensive at Karitane* (25 hours)
- 12 – 13 October: Focus on Spontaneity (9 hours)
- 9 – 10 November (9 hours)
- Tuesday 27 November: Closing evening (1.5 hours)
Enrol in Core Curriculum / Intermediate 2018
- Friday and Saturday Workshops: Friday: 6.30pm to 9:00pm, Saturday: 9:30am to 4:00pm
- All weekend workshops: Friday: 6:30pm to 9:00pm, Saturday: 9:30am to 5:00pm, Sunday: 9:30am to 4:00pm
- Full fee $2,700.00
- The CITP offers a discount of $200.00 off the full fee if the following conditions are both met:
1. Pay a deposit of $250.00 by 15 December.
2. The remainder of the enrolment fee is paid by 31st January.
- To pay by Instalments:
1. Pay a deposit of $250.00 and provide a payment plan by 15 December.
2. Complete all payments by 31 August.
- A penalty will be incurred if your fee is not paid in full by 31 August. If you have not paid your fee in full the Institute reserves the right to not accept your enrolment for the following year.
Paul Baakman has a background in Mental Health Nursing and Residential Social Work. He is a Psychodramatist, a Trainer Educator Practitioner (TEP, AANZPA) and a Registered Psychotherapist in private practice.
Simon Gurnsey is a Sociometrist and AANZPA’s webmaster. His work for city-making organisations like Greening the Rubble and Gap Filler includes many opportunities for relationship building. His dog, Mr. Brock, goes to work with him every day, mainly to fetch sticks.