The purpose of the Foundations and Developing Practice group is to provide new trainees with an introduction and overview of the entire content of the method – psychodrama, sociodrama, sociometry, role training, and group work; and to deepen and extend the theory and practice being learned by returning trainees. The training is experiential meaning that participants learn at their current level of development through: practicing leadership and directing, taking up auxiliary roles, becoming protagonists and through being group members. The process is designed to bring about an integration of theory and practice in each trainee. The training group is led by Hamish Brown.
In addition to the year-long programme, there is an annual 3-day stand-alone workshop offered by visiting trainer Chris Hosking (TEP) which all enrolled trainees are welcome and encouraged to attend. An announcement of the specific focus of this workshop will be made in due course.
Please enrol using the online enrolment form and arrange individual payment schedules with the ATCP Treasurer, David Grant, by contacting David at firstname.lastname@example.org
Dates of Full Year Programme
- Friday, Saturday & Sunday 11-13 February. 9:30am – 4:30pm
- Saturday 26 March. 9:30am – 4:30pm
- Friday, Saturday & Sunday 8-10 April. 9:30am – 4:30pm
- Saturday 14 May. 9:30am – 4:30pm
- Friday, Saturday & Sunday 10 – 12 June. 9:30am – 4:30pm
- Saturday 23 July. 9:30am – 4:30pm
- Friday, Saturday & Sunday 26-28 August. 9:30am – 4:30pm
- Saturday 17 September. 9:30am – 4:30pm
- 1 hour training interview 29 – 31 October
- Saturday 12 November. 9:30am – 4:30pm
Enrol in Foundations & Developing Practice Group
Auckland Training Centre for Psychodrama
Workshop Code: ATCP-Foundations-2022
All training will be held in the Old St Michael’s Church on site at Corban Estate Arts Centre in Henderson.
- Year-long programme Fee: $3250.00 (incl. GST)
- Deposit of $350.00 is required to secure a place.
Total Training Hours: 103 hours
Hamish is a Psychodramatist, Trainer Educator Practitioner (TEP) and delivers training in Auckland in Aotearoa New Zealand through PANZ Tāmaki Makaurau Auckland. (more...)