This training involves participating in a year-long programme consisting of experiential workshops, reading, writing, peer practice group, social activities and supervision. Most courses are open to those who wish to develop their professional abilities without necessarily becoming certificated practitioners.
- Core Curriculum. Training introduces the core elements of the psychodrama method.
- Intermediate Training. Strengthens trainees’ directing, auxiliary and group work. At this point, trainees write a short paper in an area of interest applicable to their work.
- Advanced Training. Trainees are required to choose a primary trainer, to belong to AANZPA, to run groups in the community and have supervision on their work.
The CITP may create multi-level training groups to suit training needs.
- 13th to 15th March. Friday: 6:30pm to 9:00pm, Saturday: 9:30am to 4:00pm, Sunday: 9:30am to 3:30pm (15 hrs) – Sara.
- 3rd to 5th April. Friday: 6:30pm to 9:00pm, Saturday: 9:30am to 4:00pm, Sunday: 9:30am to 3:30pm (15 hrs) – Sara.
- 9th & 10th May. Saturday: 10:00am to 4:00pm, Sunday: 10:00am to 4:00pm (12 hrs) – Psychodrama One to One; Clinical applications – Paul.
- 10th to 12th July. Friday: 6:30pm to 9:00pm, Saturday: 9:30am to 4:00pm, Sunday: 9:30am to 3:30pm (15 hrs) Ethics and Supervision – Hamish
- 7th to 9th August Friday: 6:30pm to 9:00pm, Saturday: 9:30am to 4:00pm, Sunday: 9:30am to 3:30pm (15 hrs) – Sara.
- 10th to 13th September (25 hrs) Marae Based Intensive Psychodrama Workshop (Karitane) – Sara, Simon, Hamish
- 14th to 15th November. Saturday: 10:00am to 4:00pm, Sunday: 10:00am to 4:00pm (12 hrs) – Sara.
Enrol for the TIA Multi-Level Training Group
Training in Action
Workshop Code: TIA-2020A
SVD, 30 Portsmouth Dr, South Dunedin
- Full fee $2,700.00
- The CITP offers a discount of $200.00 for early enrolment (see the enrolment page for details)
Total training hours: 109 hours
Sara Crane is the CITP's Director of Training. She is a Psychodramatist, a Trainer Educator Practitioner (TEP, AANZPA) and is a Registered Psychotherapist with a special interest in children and families and has a long-standing involvement with Playback Theatre. (More...)
Paul Baakman has a background in Mental Health Nursing and Residential Social Work. He is a Psychodramatist, a Trainer Educator Practitioner (TEP, AANZPA) and a Registered Psychotherapist in private practice.
Hamish is a Psychodramatist, Trainer Educator Practitioner in training (TEPit) and delivers training in Auckland in Aotearoa New Zealand through the Auckland Training Centre for Psychodrama (ATCP). (more...)
Simon Gurnsey is a Sociometrist and AANZPA’s webmaster. His work for city-making organisations like Greening the Rubble and Gap Filler includes many opportunities for relationship building. His dog, Mr. Brock, goes to work with him every day, mainly to fetch sticks.
Judith works in private practice as a Registered Psychotherapist. Her pathway to attaining her interim psychotherapy registration was by qualifying as a Psychodramatist.