The purpose of the Foundations year is to provide an introduction and overview of the entire content of the method – psychodrama, sociodrama, sociometry, role training and group work. The training is experiential meaning that participants learn at their current level of development through: practising directing, taking up auxiliary roles, becoming protagonists and through being group members. The process is designed to bring about an integration of theory and practice in each trainee. The training group is led primarily by Hamish Brown and Martin Putt.
In addition to the year-long programme there is a stand-alone workshop offered Friday 5th to Sunday 7th October 9:30am‐4:30pm each day. This workshop will be led by visiting trainer Chris Hosking. An announcement of the specific focus of this workshop will be made shortly.
Please enrol using the online enrolment form and arrange individual payment schedules with ATCP Treasurer, David Grant, by contacting David at email@example.com
Dates of Full Year Programme
- POSTPONED ***Saturday & Sunday 17 & 18 February 9:30am-4:30pm***POSTPONED- a new weekend date for later in the year will be created with the training group
- OPENING WORKSHOP: Thursday – Sunday 22-25 March 9:30am-4:30pm (Kotare Venue, 9 Kotare Avenue, Westmere)
- Friday, Saturday & Sunday 20-22 April 9:30am-4:30pm
- Saturday 19 May 9:30am-4:30pm
- Saturday & Sunday 16 & 17 June 9:30am-4:30pm (Likely to be Marilyn & Martin leading)
- Saturday 7 July 9:30am-4:30pm
- Friday, Saturday & Sunday 10-12 August 9:30am-4:30pm
- Saturday 8 September 9:30am-4:30pm
- Friday-Sunday12 -14 October 9:30am-4:30pm (individual 40 minute interviews to be arranged)
- Saturday 17 November 9:30am-4:30pm
Enrol in Foundations of Psychodrama
Auckland Training Centre for Psychodrama
Workshop Code: Foundations-2018
All training will be held in the Old St Michael’s Church on site at Corbans Estate Art Centre in Henderson, except for the 4-day workshop Thursday – Sunday 22-25 March 2018 which will be held which at the Kotare Venue training rooms at 9 Kotare Avenue in Westmere.
- Year-long programme Fee: $3250
- Deposit of $350.00 is required to secure a place.