This training involves participating in a year-long programme consisting of experiential workshops, reading, writing, peer practice group, social activities and supervision. Most courses are open to those who wish to develop their professional abilities without necessarily becoming certificated practitioners.
- Core Curriculum. The training introduces the core elements of the psychodrama method.
- Intermediate Training. Strengthens trainees’ directing, auxiliary and group work. At this point, trainees write a short paper in an area of interest applicable to their work.
- Advanced Training. Trainees are required to choose a primary trainer, to belong to AANZPA, to run groups in the community and have supervision on their work.
- Groupwork 26 – 28 February (14.5hrs) Friday: 6.30 – 9:00 pm. Saturday: 10:00 – 4:00 pm. Sunday: 10:00 to 4:00 pm Sara Crane Judith McDonald
- Spontaneity and Creativity 17 & 18 April (12hrs) Saturday 10:00 – 4:00 pm. Sunday 10:00 – 4:00 pm Paul Baakman
- Family Systems 29 & 30 May (12hrs) Saturday: 10:00 – 4:00 pm. Sunday: 10:00 AM to 4:00 pm Sara Crane Judith McDonald
- Supervision and Ethics 2 – 4 July (14.5hrs) Friday: 6.30 – 9:00 pm. Saturday: 10:00 – 4:00 pm. Sunday: 10:00 to 4:00 pm Hamish Brown
- Role Training 7 & 8 August (12hrs) Saturday 10:00 – 4:00 pm. Sunday 10:00 – 4:00 pm Sara Crane Judith McDonald
- Marae Based Intensive Psychodrama Workshop (Karitane) 15 – 19 September (30hrs) Begins at 6:00 pm Wednesday 15 September. Finishes at 3:00 pm Sunday 19 September. Sara Crane, Simon Gurnsey, Hamish Brown, Judith McDonald, Maria Snegirev
- Final weekend 6 & 7 November (12hrs) Saturday: 10:00 – 4:00 pm. Sunday: 10:00 AM to 4:00 pm Sara Crane Judith McDonald
Enrol for the TIA Multi-Level Training Group
Training in Action
Workshop Code: TIA-2021A
SVD, Level 4/31 Stafford Street, Dunedin
- Full fee $2,700.00
- The CITP offers a discount of $200.00 for early enrolment (see the enrolment page for details)
Total training hours: 107 hours
Sara Crane is the CITP's Director of Training. She is a Psychodramatist, a Trainer Educator Practitioner (TEP, AANZPA) and is a Registered Psychotherapist with a special interest in children and families and has a long-standing involvement with Playback Theatre. (More...)
Paul Baakman has a background in Mental Health Nursing and Residential Social Work. He is a Psychodramatist, a Trainer Educator Practitioner (TEP, AANZPA) and a Registered Psychotherapist in private practice.
Hamish is a Psychodramatist, Trainer Educator Practitioner in training (TEPit) and delivers training in Auckland in Aotearoa New Zealand through the Auckland Training Centre for Psychodrama (ATCP). (more...)
Simon Gurnsey is a Sociometrist and AANZPA’s webmaster. His work for city-making organisations like Greening the Rubble and Gap Filler includes many opportunities for relationship building. His dog, Mr. Brock, goes to work with him every day, mainly to fetch sticks.
Judith works in private practice as a Registered Psychotherapist. Her pathway to attaining her interim psychotherapy registration was by qualifying as a Psychodramatist.