This group is for advanced psychodrama trainees who are writing their theses. The main focus will be on directing sessions. This includes:
- Planning and preparing for a group.
- Conducting the warm-up, action and sharing phases of a group.
- Making a verbal presentation about the group and one’s own functioning as outlined in section 7c in the TSM.
The group will work to enable participants to conduct groups in their work or in the community. Participants are expected to have writing supervision in place if they have not completed a thesis.
Part of the advanced training this year is a Working with Couples weekend open to other trainees and health professionals. The workshop will assist advanced trainees to direct groups that include a couple and direct dramas where the protagonist warms up to working with an absent partner. See the information about the Working with Couples workshop for more details.
Additional training relevant to the trainee’s focus is recommended. The dates have been planned so that trainees can join some of the other training events in Ōtautahi | Christchurch or Ōtepoti | Dunedin.
Trainers for the Advanced course are Walter Logeman and Paul Baakman. Paul will be the trainer for two of the training days.
Dates of Full Year Programme
- 12 March. Saturday 10.00 AM – 5.00 PM (7 hrs)
- 9 April. Saturday 10.00 AM – 5.00 PM (7 hrs)
- 14 May. Saturday 10.00 AM – 5.00 PM (7 hrs)
- 18 June. Saturday 10.00 AM – 5.00 PM (7 hrs) (Paul, at Village Health)
- 29 – 31 July Working with couples. Friday: 6.30 – 9:00 PM. Saturday: 10:00 AM – 5:00 PM. Sunday: 10:00 AM to 4:00 PM (15.5 hrs) (Village Health)
- 27 August. Saturday 10.00 AM – 5.00 PM (7 hrs) (Paul, at Village Health)
- 29 October. Saturday 10.00 AM – 5.00 PM (7 hrs)
- 19 November. Saturday 10.00 AM – 5.00 PM (7 hrs)
Enrol in Ōtautahi Christchurch Advanced Psychodrama Training 2022
- Full fee $1800.00
- The CITP offers a discount of $100.00 for early enrolment (see the enrolment page for details)
Quaker Meeting House, 217 Ferry Road, Christchurch.
Village Health, 30 Lincoln Road, Christchurch
Total training hours: 64.5 hours
Walter Logeman is a Psychodramatist, a Trainer Educator Practitioner (TEP, AANZPA) and Psychotherapist who works in private practice and specialises in relationship therapy and supervision. (more...)
Paul Baakman has a background in Mental Health Nursing and Residential Social Work. He is a Psychodramatist, a Trainer Educator Practitioner (TEP, AANZPA) and a Registered Psychotherapist in private practice.