This training involves participating in a year-long programme consisting of experiential workshops, reading, writing, peer practice group, social activities and supervision. This course is open to those who wish to develop their professional abilities without necessarily becoming certificated practitioners.
- Core Curriculum Training introduces the core elements of the psychodrama method.
- Intermediate Training: strengthens trainees’ directing, auxiliary and group work. At this point, trainees write a short paper in an area of interest applicable to their work.
- Advanced Training: trainees are required to choose a primary trainer, to belong to AANZPA, to run groups in the community and have supervision for their work.
Dates of Full Year Programme
Opening Night: 26th February. 6:30 PM to 8:00 PM
- 2nd & 3rd March. Group Work. Open workshop. 10:00 AM to 4:00 PM both days (12 hrs) – Sara.
- 28th to 31st March. Residential (25 hrs) – Paul
- 12th April. 6:30 PM to 9:00 PM (2.5 hrs) – Simon
- 25th & 26th May. 10:00 AM to 4:00 PM both days (12 hrs) – Walter
- 6th July. 10:00 AM to 4:00 PM (6 hrs) – Paul
- 10th & 11th August. 10:00 AM to 4:00 PM both days (12 hrs) – Simon
- 19th – 22nd September Marae Based Intensive Psychodrama Workshop (Karitane) (25 hrs) – Sara, Simon, Hamish
- 9th & 10th November. 10:00 AM to 4:00 PM both days (12 hrs) – Sara
Closing Night: 26th November. 6:30 PM to 8:00 PM
Enrol in Psychodrama Training 2019
- Full fee $2,700.00
- The CITP offers a discount of $200.00 for early enrolment (see the enrolment page for details)
Philipstown Hub, 39 Nursery Road, Christchurch
Total training hours: 109.5 hours
Sara Crane is the CITP's Director of Training. She is a Psychodramatist, a Trainer Educator Practitioner (TEP, AANZPA) and is a Registered Psychotherapist with a special interest in children and families and has a long-standing involvement with Playback Theatre. (More...)
Paul Baakman has a background in Mental Health Nursing and Residential Social Work. He is a Psychodramatist, a Trainer Educator Practitioner (TEP, AANZPA) and a Registered Psychotherapist in private practice.
Walter Logeman is a Psychodramatist, a Trainer Educator Practitioner (TEP, AANZPA) and Psychotherapist who works in private practice and specialises in relationship therapy and supervision. (more...)
Simon Gurnsey is a Sociometrist and AANZPA’s webmaster. His work for city-making organisations like Greening the Rubble and Gap Filler includes many opportunities for relationship building. His dog, Mr. Brock, goes to work with him every day, mainly to fetch sticks.
Hamish is a Psychodramatist, Trainer Educator Practitioner in training (TEPit) and delivers training in Auckland in Aotearoa New Zealand through the Auckland Training Centre for Psychodrama (ATCP). (more...)