This training involves participating in a year-long programme consisting of experiential workshops, reading, writing, peer practice group, social activities and supervision. The Core Curriculum / Intermediate Course is open to those who wish to develop their professional abilities without necessarily becoming certificated practitioners.
- Core Curriculum Training introduces the core elements of the psychodrama method.
- Intermediate Training strengthens trainees’ directing, auxiliary and group work. At this point, trainees write a short paper in an area of interest applicable to their work.
Dates of Full Year Programme
Opening Night: 26 February. 6:30 PM to 8:00 PM
- 2 & 3 March Group Work 10:00 AM to 4:00 PM both days (12 hrs) – Sara. Open workshop
- 21 to 24 March – Residential (25 hrs) – Paul
- 12 April. 6:30 PM to 9:00 PM (2.5 hrs)
- 25 & 26 May. 10:00 AM to 4:00 PM both days (12 hrs)
- 6 July. 10:00 AM to 4:00 PM (6 hrs)
- 10 & 11 August. 10:00 AM to 4:00 PM both days (12 hrs)
- Marae Based Intensive Psychodrama Workshop (Karitane) 19 – 22 September (25 hrs) – Sara, Hamish, Simon, Paul
- 9 & 10 November 10:00 AM to 4:00 PM both days (12 hrs)
Closing Night: 26 November. 6:30 PM to 8:00 PM
Enrol in Core Curriculum / Intermediate 2018
- Full fee $2,700.00
- The CITP offers a discount of $200.00 off the full fee if the following conditions are both met:
1. Pay a deposit of $250.00 by 15 December.
2. The remainder of the enrolment fee is paid by 31st January.
- To pay by Instalments:
1. Pay a deposit of $250.00 and provide a payment plan by 15 December.
2. Complete all payments by 31 August.
- A penalty will be incurred if your fee is not paid in full by 31 August. If you have not paid your fee in full the Institute reserves the right to not accept your enrolment for the following year.
Total training hours: 109.5 hours
Paul Baakman has a background in Mental Health Nursing and Residential Social Work. He is a Psychodramatist, a Trainer Educator Practitioner (TEP, AANZPA) and a Registered Psychotherapist in private practice.