This training involves participating in a year-long programme consisting of experiential workshops, reading, writing, peer practice group, social activities and supervision. Most courses are open to those who wish to develop their professional abilities without necessarily becoming certificated practitioners.
- Core Curriculum. Training introduces the core elements of the psychodrama method.
- Intermediate Training. Strengthens trainees’ directing, auxiliary and group work. At this point, trainees write a short paper in an area of interest applicable to their work.
- Advanced Training. Trainees are required to choose a primary trainer, to belong to AANZPA, to run groups in the community and have supervision on their work.
The CITP may create multi-level training groups to suit training needs.
- 23 & 24 February (12 hrs) Group Work (open to others). 10:00 AM to 4:00 PM both days – Sara.
- 12 to 14 April (15 hrs) – Sara.
- 10 to 12 May (15 hrs) – Working with Addiction (open to others) Paul.
- 15 & 16 June (12 hrs) – 10:00 AM to 4:00 PM both days. Paul.
- 9 to 11 August (15 hrs) – Sara.
- 19 – 22 September Marae Based Intensive Psychodrama Workshop (Karitane) (25 hrs) – Sara, Simon, Hamish
- 1 to 3 November (15 hrs) – Sara.
- Times for all weekend workshops: Friday: 6:30pm to 9:00pm, Saturday: 9:30am to 4:00pm, Sunday: 9:30am to 3:30pm
Enrol for the TIA Multi-Level Training Group
Training in Action
Workshop Code: TIA-2019
SVD, 30 Portsmouth Dr, South Dunedin
- Full fee $2,700.00
- The CITP offers a discount of $200.00 for early enrolment (see the enrolment page for details)
Total training hours: 109 hours
Sara Crane is the CITP's Director of Training. She is a Psychodramatist, a Trainer Educator Practitioner (TEP, AANZPA) and is a Registered Psychotherapist with a special interest in children and families and has a long-standing involvement with Playback Theatre. (More...)
Paul Baakman has a background in Mental Health Nursing and Residential Social Work. He is a Psychodramatist, a Trainer Educator Practitioner (TEP, AANZPA) and a Registered Psychotherapist in private practice.
Hamish is a Psychodramatist, Trainer Educator Practitioner in training (TEPit) and delivers training in Auckland in Aotearoa New Zealand through the Auckland Training Centre for Psychodrama (ATCP). (more...)
Simon Gurnsey is a Sociometrist and AANZPA’s Treasurer. He lives and works in a small community in Whangarei Heads. Psychodrama has been his passion and delight since his first experience of it in the late 80s.