The training in 2020 involves participating in a year-long programme consisting of experiential workshops, reading, writing, peer practise group and supervision.
The focus of the first workshop for 2020 will be on expanding your ability to role reverse with a wide range of people. We will be building a cohesive working group together, through the use of Sociometry, Sociodrama, Psychodrama and Role Training.
During the evening workshops, we will focus on the areas of development identified in your training plans, where you consider your development as a psychodramatist and in professional roles. You will be asked to review and update your training plans before the first evening workshop. Your development as a writer will be integrated into all sessions.
You can expect to stretch yourselves and to identify and get involved with the perceptions, and values, of people who challenge you, especially in your professional capacity.
- Core Curriculum Training introduces the core elements of the psychodrama method.
- Intermediate Training: strengthens trainees’ directing, auxiliary and group work. At this point, trainees write a short paper in an area of interest applicable to their work.
- Advanced Training: trainees are required to choose a primary trainer, to belong to AANZPA, to run groups in the community and have supervision for their work.
This course is open to those who wish to develop their professional abilities, without necessarily becoming certificated practitioners.
Dates of Full Year Programme
- Opening Weekend 28th, 29th February and 1st March (three full days): 10:00 AM to 4:00 PM each day (18 hrs). Take a walk in someone else’s shoes – Sara.
- Six Thursday evenings. 5th, 12th, 19th, 26th March. 2nd, 16th April: 6:30 PM to 9:00 PM (15 hrs) – Simon
- 9th & 10th May. 10:00 AM to 4:00 PM (12 hrs). Spontaneity Training – Simon (Workshop Suspended due to Covid-19)
- 13th & 14th June. 10:00 AM to 4:00 PM (12 hrs). Working with Addictions (Open Workshop) – Paul
- 24th – 26th July. 6.30 – 9:00 PM Friday 10:00 – 5:00 PM Saturday, 10:00 AM to 4:00 PM Sunday (15.5 hrs). Sociometry – Chris Hosking
- 10th – 13th September. Marae Based Intensive Psychodrama Workshop (Karitane) (25 hrs) – Sara, Simon, Hamish
- 7th & 8th November. 10:00 AM to 4:00 PM both days (12 hrs). Work Practice – Sara
Closing Night: 10th November. 6:30 PM to 8:00 PM (1.5 hrs)
Enrol in Psychodrama Training 2020
- Full fee $2,700.00
- The CITP offers a discount of $200.00 for early enrolment (see the enrolment page for details)
Philipstown Hub, 39 Nursery Road, Christchurch
Total training hours: 110 hours
Sara Crane is the CITP's Director of Training. She is a Psychodramatist, a Trainer Educator Practitioner (TEP, AANZPA) and is a Registered Psychotherapist with a special interest in children and families and has a long-standing involvement with Playback Theatre. (More...)
Paul Baakman has a background in Mental Health Nursing and Residential Social Work. He is a Psychodramatist, a Trainer Educator Practitioner (TEP, AANZPA) and a Registered Psychotherapist in private practice.
Walter Logeman is a Psychodramatist, a Trainer Educator Practitioner (TEP, AANZPA) and Psychotherapist who works in private practice and specialises in relationship therapy and supervision. (more...)
Simon Gurnsey is a Sociometrist and AANZPA’s webmaster. His work for city-making organisations like Greening the Rubble and Gap Filler includes many opportunities for relationship building. His dog, Mr. Brock, goes to work with him every day, mainly to fetch sticks.
Hamish is a Psychodramatist, Trainer Educator Practitioner in training (TEPit) and delivers training in Auckland in Aotearoa New Zealand through the Auckland Training Centre for Psychodrama (ATCP). (more...)
Chris Hosking is an action methods practitioner and trainer with considerable breadth of experience. She has been training people in sociometry for many years in Australia, New Zealand, Vietnam, Greece and Japan. Her training orientation is based upon an experiential learning model and a systems approach. She is a qualified Psychodramatist and Trainer, Educator and Practitioner with the Australian and New Zealand Psychodrama Association.